Jason on 8 Jul 2007 21:14:41 -0000

[PLUG] Looking for full-size GBICs (1000-base tx)

  • From: Jason <jcostom@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: [PLUG] Looking for full-size GBICs (1000-base tx)
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 17:14:34 -0400
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

Greetings Programs!

A friend emailed me yesterday looking for 2 or 3 Cu GBIC adapters.
Note, not SFP sized, old-skool big sized.

Anyone have any laying around?  For the more Cisco-inclined, we're
talking about WS-G5483 GBICs.

Other brands should work as well, but that's the type we're talking about here.

He's hoping for free, but would settle for cheap. :)  He's not from
the area (Chicago), but either I could get them from you and pass them
on to him when I see him in 2 weeks or, he could probably hook you up
with a fedex # to use to get them to him, or possibly just send you
the $$ to cover shipping..

I'm out of town until Wed, so the earliest I'd be able to pick them up
is Thursday. While I live in Marlton, hitting the other side of the
river (as long as it's not insanely far) is totally in bounds..

Muchos gracias.

--j