W. Chris Shank on 14 Jul 2007 12:22:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Dell linux

So you are not necessarily allowed to run XP if you buy Vista. You are just buying the OS twice in that scenario. Once again, MS makes out like bandits.

----- Original Message -----
From: jeff <jeffv@op.net>
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 6:04:15 PM GMT-0500
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Dell linux

W. Chris Shank wrote:
> If you buy a PC with a Vista license, Vista will be installed. How do you use that license to get XP on the PC and who installs it? What license key do you use?

My understanding is that it arrives with Vista, we wipe it, then install
whatever else we want.  If we're going with XP, we use licenses we have
just purchased or own.  I don't know if the Vista license is the same or
not.

I'll ask specifically next time I talk to them.

W. Chris Shank
ACE Technology Group, LLC
www.myremoteITdept.com
(610) 640-4223