Doug Crompton on 23 Jul 2007 15:35:44 -0000

[PLUG] DNS question

I am seetting up a new system and moving services to it. It is functioning
fine except for the following issue.

I moved all DNS to system 2 and set resolve.conf on system 1 to point to
the IP of system 2. nslookup on system 1 now does lookups fine using the
default system 2 DNS.

Ok now I stop bind on system 1. nslookup still work fine. BUT mail stops
(which is still on system 1) because it cannot reslove domains.

Does sendmail use a different map to dns than resolve.conf???

Doug