Stephen Gran on 25 Jul 2007 07:36:45 -0000

Re: [PLUG] adding files to iso image

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 08:53:12PM -0400, Sonny To said:
> Ubuntu cannot recognize 4GB of memory on my motherboard ASRock AliveNF6G
> adding mem=4096M to grub doesn't work either so I am attempting to
> flash the BIOS, but the ASRock only provides DOS/Windows utility.
>
> I trying to burn a DOS boot CD from
> http://www.bootdisk.com/plan10/flashcd.zip
> but need to add the upgraded BIOS and flash utility on the ISO then burn it.
>
> Is there a way to mount an iso read/write?

As Sean said, I don't think so.  There may be a fuse layer to do it, but
why not take a look at flashrom (http://linuxbios.org/Flashrom)?  It is
a way to flash your BIOS from a running linux system.  Your motherboard
may or may not be supported, but if it is, it's a lot easier than the
dos boot method.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Advice from an old carpenter: measure   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | twice, saw once.                        |