Michael James on 26 Jul 2007 20:11:49 -0000

Re: [PLUG] adding files to iso image

try using a loop device.

"mount -o loop /path/to/file.iso /media/cdrom" will mount your iso file at the /media/cdrom location with r,w rights. Type mount to see.

See Wikipedia for "Loop device" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loop_device

The information in this message may be proprietary and/or confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Stonebridge Bank immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer.

>>> son.c.to@gmail.com 7/24/2007 8:53 PM >>>
Ubuntu cannot recognize 4GB of memory on my motherboard ASRock AliveNF6G
adding mem=4096M to grub doesn't work either so I am attempting to
flash the BIOS, but the ASRock only provides DOS/Windows utility.

I trying to burn a DOS boot CD from http://www.bootdisk.com/plan10/flashcd.zip
but need to add the upgraded BIOS and flash utility on the ISO then burn it.

Is there a way to mount an iso read/write?