sean finney on 30 Jul 2007 22:46:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Problems with cron running daily/monthly jobs

hi mark,

On Monday 30 July 2007 07:41:54 pm Mark Baker wrote:

> The error makes me believe that cron isnât finding /bin/bash which is
> listed as the shell.  I am going to try /bin/sh

i would say that the error looks more like cron misreading your crontab,
thinking that the field listing the user was actually listing the start of
the command to be executed (i.e.: root: command not found).  in some
implementations of cron, and for certain files in other cron implementations
(for example root's crontab vs /etc/crontab), there is no user field at all,
which could be one explanation.  another is that there was an extra element
in the series of date specifiers.

if you have an actual copy of the error message it might be possible to say
for sure.  then again, looks like in a later mail you've managed to resolve
it...

	sean