Stephen Gran on 11 Aug 2007 10:12:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Bind queries

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 09:17:32PM -0400, Doug Crompton said:
> Yes but I am not sure what that would have to do with this issue. This is
> not high rate hits. Maybe 20-50/day.
>
> This is really no big deal. Named ignores them. I could block the IP in my
> firewall frontend but as I said they change. This is probably a dynamic
> DSL customer with some kind of misconfiguration.

It appears to be an aol user who has told their laptop that it should be
part of your domain, somehow, and it is attempting to "helpfully" update
your DNS so that you can find it.  It's safe to ignore, and happens all
the time with misconfigured windows machines.
|  Stephen Gran                  | You will be surprised by a loud noise.  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |