TuskenTower on 23 Aug 2007 18:22:25 -0000

Re: [PLUG] PLUG West Erlang Presentation

  • From: TuskenTower <tuskentower@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] PLUG West Erlang Presentation
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:22:20 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=KV7T7VCJ36pc82TeZDyN+BPKWsmzdL0XJ58tKiWoacLid+O5W2H6jCWEUJ1gAj31Wf2SnPk6bFfSUnLcp1hikRqCD6ffLH+ho5A28YJjgKzD78eXiKW6qp/aRaBMK9ZAN9vBbSu+9ygc/x8V5xTjuhbdta7QzgWM9M5NHOZBKxU=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

On 8/22/07, Kyle R. Burton <kyle.burton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Toby,
> > Thanks for the good presentation.  You piqued my interest in learning Erlang.
> >
> > Don't worry about the time, that falls on Paul and myself to push the
> > speaker along. :)
> >
> > thanks,
> > Amul
>

> Amul,
>
> I think I'm the person who was sitting across from you (you had the
> HDTV tuner?) and kept interrupting Toby.  You asked some interesting
> questions - I was wondering where you're employed (were you a Unisys
> employee?) and what you're doing.
>
> I haven't been to a PLUG meeting for quite a while (2+years since the
> last one and probably 5+years before that), but I have been a member
> for a long time.  It was a good presentation, I'd like to have more of
> that nature.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Kyle R. Burton

Kyle,
I work at Unisys and I am the Unisys host for PLUG West.  I usually
take notes and write up a short meeting minutes for every one on the
list.  However, I was pretty fazzled that day (and probably will be
for the next few months, because of work), so I didn't write meeting
minutes.

I was working on Linux for the Unisys's large scale ES7000s (32
sockets and about 512GB memory).  Right now, I am working on an EFI
product.

The presentation was very good (we ran over time by 45min IIRC).  We
don't get that many good ones that often and sometimes scramble for
presenters.  I'm glad that you enjoyed the meeting.

Email me at my semi-personal email address, ashah2@amulz.com, if you
have any questions about HDTV stuff.

thanks,
Amul