jim fisher on 23 Aug 2007 21:01:16 -0000

[PLUG] SFD at PACS

I know that PACS wants to make this a very big event.  Many of their existing members do not bring computers to the meetings.

If you wanted to do some installs I am sure that we could accomodate that.  Lyz is right about using the internet for any updates after an install; those sites may be blocked.  Upper Moreland has a pretty strict proxy in place.  If someone burnt a dvd, cd(s) or built an update server that they could use locally; that should do the job.

The more stuff going on for this event the better.

I know that there will be Ubuntu cd's there, both live and alternate, so if you want an install done, just bring a box.

Keep in mind that this is a FOSS event, so even people that you know that use other os's are welcome and there will be
stuff for them also.

There is a cafeteria with food service on site from 9:00 am to 12'ish so coffee, beverages, snacks and sandwiches are available for purchase.

Doing an install as a promotion for a future installfest sounds like a good marketing tool to me.  Feel free to give it a shot.

Hope to see a lot of you there.

www.pacsnet.org