Mike Leone on 1 Sep 2007 03:40:23 -0000

[PLUG] Problems using SPF with postfix

I'm trying to implement SPF using postfix on Debian testing. So I installed postfix-policyd-spf-perl and it's associated libmail-spf-query-perl. I configure it as per the documentation, and run the interactive test. That gives me back the response the documentation says it is supposed to. Yet when postfix receives mail, it fails ...

Aug 31 22:23:43 mail postfix/spawn[27958]: warning: command /usr/bin/perl exit status 2
Aug 31 22:23:43 mail postfix/smtpd[27954]: warning: premature end-of-input on private/policy while reading input attribute name
Aug 31 22:23:44 mail postfix/spawn[27958]: warning: command /usr/bin/perl exit status 2
Aug 31 22:23:44 mail postfix/smtpd[27954]: warning: premature end-of-input on private/policy while reading input attribute name
Aug 31 22:23:44 mail postfix/smtpd[27954]: warning: problem talking to server private/policy: Connection reset by peer

Since this isn't a postfix supplied policy service, I haven't (yet) submitted this question to the postfix list.

Any ideas, anyone?

main.cf

policy  unix  -       n       n       -       0       spawn
  user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/policyd-spf-perl

main.cf

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        reject_invalid_hostname,
        reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
        reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
        permit_tls_clientcerts,
        permit_sasl_authenticated,
        permit_mynetworks,
        check_helo_access       hash:/etc/postfix/helo_regexp,
        check_sender_access     hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access,
        check_client_access     hash:/etc/postfix/client_access,
        check_recipient_access  hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_access,
        reject_rbl_client       cbl.abuseat.org
        reject_rbl_client       zen.spamhaus.org,
        reject_rbl_client       list.dsbl.org,
        reject_rbl_client       multihop.dsbl.org,
        reject_rbl_client       unconfirmed.dsbl.org,
        reject_rbl_client       dnsbl.sorbs.net,
        reject_rbl_client       combined.njabl.org
        reject_unauth_destination,
        check_policy_service    unix:private/policy
        check_policy_service    inet:127.0.0.1:60000

The 2nd policy service is a greylist, and is working as it should. The errors started after installing the SPF policy service.

--
"a grotesque mixture of incompetence and sycophancy shielded by a genial personality"