Antony P Joseph on 1 Sep 2007 15:08:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] .bash_history

Hi
  There are many ways to implement the IPC mechanism to coordinate
between the auditor user and the monitored user using TCP sockets, UNIX
domain sockets, named pipes etc... Probably the easiest way is to use
the named pipe. You can create one named pipe per monitored user with
appropriate permission and ownership. The auditor user can read from the
named pipe and record somewhere using "cat". The "script" can write into
the named pipe.
With regards
Antony