Michael C. Toren on 7 Sep 2007 19:18:16 -0000

[PLUG] Free: Wyse Dumb Terminals

In preparation for an upcoming move, I have about 15 Wyse dumb terminals
that I'm giving away.  I have two different model numbers, the Winterm
2715SE, and the WT3720SE.  You can find links to their specifications
pages here:

	http://michael.toren.net/mirrors/wyse-2715.pdf
	http://michael.toren.net/mirrors/wyse-3720.pdf

These are silent systems that have their mainboard integrated into their
CRT display.  On the back, they have have PS2 ports for mouse/keyboard,
audio out, a DB9 serial port, and ethernet.  The client software that it
boots from ROM will DHCP an IP address, and then allow you either connect
to the local serial port, connect via telnet to a remote port, or connect
to a remote RDP (remote desktop protocol) server.  I haven't used it, but
a free RDP server implementation for Linux is available at:

	http://xrdp.sourceforge.net/

The systems are available for pickup in Conshohocken, near the
intersection of Ridge Pike and Butler Pike.  If you're interested, drop me
a private email with your phone number, and when would be a good time for
you to stop by.  Any units that aren't picked up are going to be taken to
one of the the upcoming hazardous waste collection in Montgomery County.

Thanks,
-mct