Toby DiPasquale on 25 Sep 2007 17:06:38 -0000

Re: [PLUG] What next? and small rant [VMware on Ubuntu]

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 12:30:43PM -0400, Greg Helledy wrote:
> While this has nothing to do with linux, I don't see how proposing to
> marry a stripper is insulting to anyone.  Surely people should be free
> to marry whom they like, regardless of occupation?

I tend to agree with Liz on this one. The comment thread was chauvanistic
and assumed a (straight) male audience. It wasn't so much about marrying
strippers as it was about commissioning their services while married. This
is, of course, anyone's choice, but this is a mixed-sex forum, after all
(or at least we'd certainly like it to be).

Another example:

http://blog.cbcg.net/articles/2007/07/17/assholes-qsol-com

Can you imagine a woman seeing that ad and then buying stuff from them?

P.S. Actually, I hadn't noticed this before, but the image I linked to for
this is hosted on Liz's server ;-) Apparently, she's already seen it.

--
Toby DiPasquale