jeff on 3 Oct 2007 22:47:27 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Xen, kqemu, linux and other guests, virtualization

zuzu wrote:
> 1.) anyone have experience with Xen?

Not one, sorry.  Just dl'd KVM but haven't started it up yet.

> a.) using Linux as a thin host for a fullscreen (without X11) guest
> image of WinXP?

Wouldn't it want the GUI?  I just tried it from fullscreen and it said
it couldn't open the GTK display.

I run Xubuntu in VMplayer under XP, as well as XP in VMplayer under
Xubuntu (mostly the latter).  Both work flawlessly.  Recently did W2003
Server under Ubuntu Server/VMServer (pokey, as you'd expect).

> b.) how about on a laptop with ACPI / APM / whatever the hell sleep
> and hibernate are called now?

haven't spent any time on it, but they didn't work out of the box on my
Dell Latitude D820.  There are supposed to be fixes.