Eric on 4 Oct 2007 15:11:38 -0000

Re: [PLUG] where is the mount point?

I'm not sure about Gnome but in Konqueror you can access a Windows/Samba share
using the URL: SMB://workgroup/what_ever
which AFAIK does not "mount" the share but simply accesses it directly from the
Konqueror browser (via Samba client s/w)?

If you want to access the shares with a terminal (for example) then I believe
you would have to set up a script using 'mount' and specify your own mount
points to be able to use these the shares.  This is what I did.

HTH

Eric

Sonny To wrote:
> In gnome, its possible to connect to a windows share via
> Places|Connect to Server
>
> However, once mounted where is the mount point? it shows up as an icon
> on the desktop but there seems to be no mount point on the filesystem.
> Wihtout a mount point, how  copy files to it from the commandline?
>
> I know it can be mounted manually.
>
> thanks,
> Sonny

#  Eric Lucas