Brent Saner on 6 Oct 2007 13:29:32 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Thanks!! WAS [Survey: who drives a stick shift?]

  • From: "Brent Saner" <brent.saner@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Thanks!! WAS [Survey: who drives a stick shift?]
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 09:28:49 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=3vVN4nEQMCcFoBl9tYUDRZJH7U9X6Jr1MfiaLMuhBHg=; b=dyXnoEJ2ZV29ncPwz7fvj0/u+H9JrKlPZw4O/iCF+yviiEQE5rPk/ezOF9TWFZYr2b10WHRkZc/oy2CgtEtpbTeXOAfcbUD6n9I83+OEeN0eBLiDGifTRD5f2VnCSNTeJornXoEG/v/9AGg5w31hVftyPRTaoV1W06505A527Vg=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

maybe i should just get a bumper sticker of every kind and cover my car. just to be on the safe side...
one for democrats, one for repubs, one for every branch of armed forces (and one for peace corps), one for nato, one for country music, one for veganism, one for vampire-advocacy, one for the KILLING of vampires.... etc.

On 10/6/07, zuzu <sean.zuzu@gmail.com> wrote:
On 10/6/07, Chad Waters <chad@chadwaters.com> wrote:
> A strange way to make this discussion come back around full circle...
>
> If you're out there reading this list: thanks to the guy that pulled
> over when he saw my Debian license plate frame and helped push my now
> transmissionless car out of traffic yesterday.
>
> It was automatic BTW.
>
> -Chad

imagined communities are such an interesting psycho-social phenomenon
to me.  "oh, you use (or at least flashed a 'gang sign' of) Debian
Linux? now you're not just some random schmuck; instead I've
identified you as a member of my tribe and I will volunteer aid to
you."

I'm glad you got help though.  sorry about your car. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagined_communities
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granfalloon

I wonder how many people left you to rot because you didn't have an
Eagles flag or a Marines bumper sticker on your car though...

Brent Saner
215.264.0112 (cell)
215.362.7696(residence)

http://www.thenotebookarmy.org