darin strait on 6 Oct 2007 17:22:31 -0000

[PLUG] OT: FS Sun Ultra 10, 256 MB/440 MHz/9.1 GB/CDROM/Creator3D

Hello.

I posted this on the PLUG list a couple of months ago, but no one
wanted to come way out to suburbia to pick it up and I didn't want to
drag it way into the city on SEPTA. So, I put it up on craigslist a
while back. This generated even less interest.

I have to get rid of the machine and I'd rather not crush it. So, last
change, if you want it, just come and get it. $0. Free as kittens.
Just give it a good home. I'm home on weekends and in the early
evening. Just drop me an email and we can arrange a pick up time.

Offered:
Sun Ulta Sparc 10
No Operating System. Will run debian/sparc, plus it should run a
version of solaris (I don't know much about solaris), and probably
other distros.

256 MB RAM (1 pair of 128 mb sticks), 440 MHz processor
Freshly wiped (via dban) 9.1 GB IDE drive (Seagate Barracuda)
IDE CDROM
Sun keyboard and Mouse
On board ATI VGA, plus a Creator 3D card (with dongle to allow use of
any VGA monitor)
Power cable

The case has small dent or two, and the beige plastic is yellowing
from age. Your spouse (or you) will probably not want to put this in
the living room, but it works great.

For pick up at my location on the east side of Lansdale, PA, near the
Fortuna SEPTA station.

I'll  also throw in:
The old 330 MHz processor that came with the unit
A burned copy of debian 4.0 (etch, netinst) on CDR.
One cat5e bright yellow ethernet cable, about 20 foot long.

About the "No OS". I was going to install a fresh copy of debian, but
it seems silly to spend time on that when I don't know if anyone
really wants debian. Plus, I can't give you any good reason to trust
me.

I was running two 120 GB drives in this unit. I ran debian on this for
a couple of years as my home server. I lost a (120 GB) drive, and
replaced my ultra with x86 machine I had lying around. It brings me
over to get rid of this machine but I have too much gear. I don't
really have any reason to keep up with sun/sparc hardware, as nice as
it is, so the ultra goes.

For more details:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/U10/U10.html