Ron Kaye Jr on 16 Oct 2007 19:26:06 -0000

Re: Re: [PLUG] Linux distro aims to clone Vista interface

easy ...
bring linux to the masses!

ron

From: jeff <jeffv@op.net>
Date: 2007/10/16 Tue AM 10:21:06 CDT
To: gregsonh@gra-inc.com,
	Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Linux distro aims to clone Vista interface

Greg Helledy wrote:
> I've never been a fan of distros trying to clone the Windows interface.
>  However, in case stock KDE just doesn't have enough eye candy for you,
> these folks have taken Fedora and made it go to 11.
> http://vixta.sourceforge.net/

If you're going to keep the statement accurate, they're making it go to 3.

I read a few comments on this, which illustrated the religious
fanaticism some have for their OSes.  People were UPSET and said this
shouldn't be done.

I'm just flummoxed about WHY anyone would do this.  It's like
alcohol-free beer: all that great beer taste without the alcohol.

New Ammonia Light: all that great ammonia smell with none of the
cleaning ability.

Vista: even PRETTIER than XP, without all the speed.
If you thought you couldn't find something in XP.....

We removed all the caffeine from Jolt, so now you just get that pure
Jolt taste!

Next from MS: Reproductive Intercourse.  Guaranteed conception without
all the guilt and pleasure of regular intercourse.