Brent Saner on 30 Oct 2007 14:12:06 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Good wireless router(s)?

  • From: "Brent Saner" <brent.saner@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Good wireless router(s)?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:12:01 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=10eAGriGkIWLe1iJrZl9m1zmFlJTPrRoK5Tws3uZDRE=; b=oN85xbFdpc2DA0GmrwIg8F9uDxwAQh0arNXCB9Ft0Yei1sKafkop8Gfr0ectL+tF12kAuWgkoBM3YLjiTUGfk7016fZwZjYk+QFgFCF0Yq062SyrsKkNN1g6Gp+6kywVIxhNRDl5exnRMOMdAEbOzypQALbjn7r9vYCbQekEtJM=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

personally, i like linksys simply because of how hackable they are on certain models.

i think we recently had a threat about this...about a week or two ago.

and if you already have a router and just want to add wireless, just get an AP system. plugging router into a router can get messy and is highly not recommended.
(unless, of course, you plan on completely replacing the old router, in which case a new wifi router is TOTALLY recommended).