Brent Saner on 1 Nov 2007 23:58:25 -0000

Re: [PLUG] nice surprises

  • From: "Brent Saner" <brent.saner@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] nice surprises
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 19:58:17 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=yw0izSKX2u+3vVJOK5O48ZwAlo4E943gOxH7wYGuRFA=; b=rBFjHJev6N5kg60viJHwXky0DaKYT55jqXiskl56wBX1pKKyoCExJqx8AUgtoNyc/vgKJEBVf4CstJHTzmRVD/9USTWl3gTNzXyhzyU14SOUWZAejrzpNAAfK3aISaZTZkGa3sNMuSG7igF3TIL4Hg7buVArWkSBcmydjtDDab8=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

i might as well just wear a nametag that says "Hi! my name is... THE MISOGYNIST!" whenever i manage to make out out to a PLUG meeting. haha
i kid.

automount is actually a pretty common thing, it's just not often IMPLEMENTED/ACTIVATED. i'm not sure what it is across the board, but in gentoo i know that if you have the HAL daemon installed and the user is in the plugdev group and you configure which devices to mount where, it does the rest.

but admittedly, that IS a lot more work than all of a sudden doing an upgrade it it "just working"...

it's been a while since i played with pclinuxos but i can't recall- is it deb or rpm? i recall it being one or the other..