jeff on 4 Nov 2007 17:52:00 -0000

[PLUG] What controls Where?

I use VNC a lot.  I suspect because of differing resolutions, the screen
sizes differently.  I make use of the -scale function to cut it down for
the laptop.

What really gets me is how windows *know* to open up either right under
something else or mostly offscreen.  The worst offender is Thunderbird.
 When I open an email, I have to scroll the entire display to read it,
then move a task bar so I can close it.

Is there a convention for where child windows open?  Aside from making
it open in the main window, how can I convince it to behave better (and
will it involve explosives)?