Eugene Smiley on 7 Nov 2007 00:11:59 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Auto-send Email

Bob Heise wrote:
Den Tisdag 06 November 2007 19.25.36 skrev Eugene Smiley:
I know I can use cron and mailx, since this is what I do for pflogsumm.pl.
I guess I could write a couple of quick Perl lines to figure out the
conditionals.

Have you thought of maybe using inotify. That way the kernel can tell you when the file has been created/deleted/modified instead of having to check all the time.

Except I don't want anything to happen when the file is 'created/deleted/modified.' That would result in it being sent too soon, i.e. immediately after closing the file. After a delay, I want to mail it at a specific time if it exists.

Here is specifically what I'm trying to recreate. MozillaSuite used to have a feature where one could send an email at a specific time in the future. Used to be there. Not there in Thunderbird. You can "Send Later", but it'll send the next time you "Send and Receive". I tried using the Send Later addin, but the interface sucks and it doesn't work. I set the time for 2 minutes later to test it, click it's button, and the mail just sits there.