Floyd Johnson on 23 Nov 2007 22:58:11 -0000

[PLUG] Linux 4 non-analytical ppl?

I'm thinking of passing a relative a Live/Installation CD, but understand that said relative doesn't have the same level of patience that I do, and therefore need to, assuming her system viable, find her a distro that "Just Works".

If there's an ethernet card in there, it's gotta be smart enough to find it and IAAF, try the Old Standby of drivers for it (NE2100). If there's a half-modem (controllerless) involved, it's gotta be smart enough to ID it and plant the driver by itself (my limited experience with Puppy suggests this can be done).

Given that prior to its collapse, the rig was running XP (I presume comfortably), the requirements for that gluteal cramp are what I should assume about CPU and RAM.