kamiza103 on 28 Nov 2007 17:34:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Entering extended characters in Linux

I think it would be great just to type, for example an "e" and have a list of options appear for that letter.  Just the way SCIM/Anthy give me options.  I guess that requires a graphical interface.

Matthew Rosewarne <mrosewarne@inoutbox.com> wrote:
On Wednesday 28 November 2007, kamiza103@yahoo.co.jp wrote:
> I already pointed out, this page has all of the sequences. Scroll down a
> bit.
>
> http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/xorg/xc/nls/Compose/en_US.UTF-8?view=markup

That's what I used to make the table. The problem with that file is that it
isn't exactly something a human can easily make sense of. I certainly don't
have any intention to memorise all the numerous keysym names, especially for
all the keys my keyboard doesn't have (like and ).
While I'd love to make a nice, easily-readable table of these sequences, I
just don't have the sed/perl/? skillz, and making it manually takes far too
long.

New Design Yahoo! JAPAN 2008/01/01