Art Alexion on 4 Dec 2007 20:30:31 -0000

Re: [PLUG] FYI: Open Office Review

On Tuesday 04 December 2007 14:18:38 kamiza103@yahoo.co.jp wrote:
> I don't know if this is just my system or not, but when I tried to run
> Impress (Ubuntu) it kind of crashed.  When it did start, it started into
> Writer.  Could someone else try and let me know?  If I had a PowerPoint
> file lying around, I could try at least opening that.  I do recall it
> working not long ago, but there were updates issued recently.

I don't know anything about Impress crashing as I never use it.  Writer and
Calc are stable on Kubuntu Gutsy, SLED 10.1, and Kubuntu Dapper with v. 2.3
installed in /opt.

You can create an Impress document — or for that matter any other OOo document
— from within any of the iterations.  They are among the "File>New" choices.
You can also open any.