Brian Vagnoni on 10 Dec 2007 04:45:38 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Wireless access - from a security expert

FYI:

As these articles suggest it's a gray murky area. What they all agree on is that it's stealing. Even Bruce S. agrees. It's an ethical question for each person.

Q: Is there any benefit to password protecting your home Wifi network? I have IT friends that say the only real benefit is that multiple users can slow down the connection, but they state that there is no security reason. Is this correct?