Brian Vagnoni on 11 Dec 2007 02:04:52 -0000

[PLUG] FYI: [ANNOUNCE] SLES 9 SP4 RC7 available

From: Novell PartnerNet [mailto:einfo@novell.com]
To: bvagnoni@v-system.net
Sent: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:28:37 -0500
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] SLES 9 SP4 RC7 available

Dear Partners,
Dear SLES Beta Testers,

The last try to fix the problem with 32bit DMA on some x86-64
fixed the initial problem and this machines are now working, but
the patch had again some serious side effects to a huge number of
other machines. For this reason we decided to not fix the problem
now (but after more testing as update later) and removed all
patches in this area.

New SLES 9 SP4 RC7 ISO images with the replaced kernel are now
available for download from partners.novell.com.

We dare to do that, because the hardware affected by not enabling
these patches is not available in the market in large numbers yet.
Thus we will release an enhanced maintenance kernel to SLES 9 SP
4 early in 2008, i.e. before the systems requiring this update
are touching the market in numbers. This kernel will also contain
some highly awaited enhancements requested by you, our partners,
which we could not take for the final SLES 9 SP 4 kernel.

We are looking forward to receive your final test results and are
confident, that this last change allows to release SLES 9 SP 4 on
Wednesday evening, 2007-12-12, as announced last week.

We apologize for the additoinal work due to that issue and
would like to thank all of you for investing time and effort
in testing.

Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)

---
You are currently subscribed to technology_partner_downloads as: bvagnoni@v-system.net.