Art Alexion on 12 Dec 2007 16:15:38 -0000

[PLUG] Linux & nComputing

On Tuesday 11 December 2007 18:06:43 Walt Mankowski wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 06:02:48PM -0500, Brian Vagnoni wrote:
> > Ok Walt what would you like to talk about with regard to Linux?
>
> I have nothing to say about Linux at the moment, and apparently
> neither does anyone else.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I couldn't resist.

Has anyone used any flavor of desktop Linux as a server for nComputing
terminals?  I am told that it works with Ubuntu, and sure enough, google give
me lots of parroted press releases saying it works, but none saying how.

The packaging says "Works with Linux", the Nation of Macedonia has 180,000
units running Ubuntu in their schools, but the only server software seems to
be windows and so are the instructions in the included CD.