Mike Leone on 17 Jan 2008 18:09:01 -0800

[PLUG] Can't seem to change my resolv.conf ...

I'm looking to change the settings in my resolv.conf, to change my
nameserver list and domain name. I know that Debian now uses that
resolvconf stuff, so just editing /etc/resolv.conf does not make the
changes permanent (never understood that; why change something that
works so simply and easily for so many years? Anyway ...).

So where do I change the settings? It's not
/etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf, so where is it? My /etc/hostname is
set; my /etc/hosts is set. Which bit am I missing?