Michael Leone on 17 Jan 2008 18:47:55 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Can't seem to change my resolv.conf ...

On 1/17/08, Brian Vagnoni <bvagnoni@v-system.net> wrote:

>  Post the contents of your hosts, hostname, resolv.conf, files please. I'm
> assuming you can ping that dns server.

Think I go it now ... I had been running bind on this server, and it
had an option to set resolvconf in /etc/init.d/bind9. I set that
option to "no", and then changed /etc/resolv.conf. It seemed to help

/etc/hostname = workhorse

/etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       workhorse.dacrib.local  localhost, workhorse

/etc/resolv.conf:
#domain mike-leone.com
#search mike-leone.com
#nameserver 204.183.80.2