jim fisher on 20 Jan 2008 06:26:52 -0800

Re: [PLUG] One True OS

Wow.  The passion and all of the points made in this thread have been amazing.

As a member of the Ubuntu Pa Loco (www.meetlinux.com), we have events that we
go out to the general public and to more specific groups that have invited us to
promote, teach, and implement Linux and Linux solutions.

I don't want to regurgitate all that has been said, I merely would like to invite everyone
who has the desire to promote and advocate for Linux to check us out and
get involved.

Ubuntu as YOUR distro is not a requirement.  As a matter of fact, for 2 current projects,
based on the hardware that we are using, DSL is the solution that works.

I can't believe that all this went on, while I was at an event to promote Linux with other list members.  We could always use more.  More info here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PennsylvaniaTeam/CommunityOutreachTeam/NtrLaptopProject

Hope to see some of you.

Jim Fisher