Eric Lucas on 22 Jan 2008 19:30:32 -0800

[PLUG] Odd hardware problem

What a bummer.  My Linux workstation won't start up.

I opened the case to vacuum the interior and the vents and
extracted the memory module to get the model number.
The memory was reinstalled and the system was "cabled up".
Pressing the power button results in.... nothing!  There's
not a single sign that it hears me calling.

I've know this:
    Power supply - rocker (AC) switch is on.
    Mother board has green LED that glows indicating the
       power is on and reaching the motherboard.
    Cable from the power switch to the motherboard is
       solidly connected as are the other connectors.

WHOA!  As I type this on my Windows workstation the
Linux workstation suddenly starts up for a fraction of
a second and then stops.  Repeats in a seemingly random
fashion several times in a minute and then is silent
again for 10 or more minutes.

Anybody have any ideas?  I have a digital multi-meter
and know how to use it but I'm not sure where to start
looking.

Eric