George A. Theall on 8 Feb 2008 03:58:02 -0800

Re: [PLUG] The Vulnerabilites Business....?

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 10:24:52PM -0500, Brian Vagnoni wrote:

>    Which is in line with both Nessus and Snort releases.
>    Nessus if you pay for a feed you get them instantly, as well as snort with
>    their VRT Rules; otherwise it's delayed.

Gleg, WabiSabiLabi, ZDI, etc deal in 0days; Nessus plugins and Snort's
VRT rules involve issues that are already known.

And with Nessus, the cost is $1200 per year and the delay 7 days if
you'd rather not pay.

Disclaimer: I work for Tenable writing Nessus plugins.

George
--
theall@tifaware.com