Bill Hance on 13 Feb 2008 06:13:56 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Linux Certification

When I took the RHCE exam it was $750.

If you don't get the unbootable machine to boot in the morning,
you fail, and can take the afternoon portion to gain experience,
or you can go home at lunch time.

There are classes that cost $3k+ that prepare you for the exam.
At that price, you could take the test 4 times, which would
prepare you for passing it on try #5 way better than any 4 day
training class could.

If you take a PC, load Fedora Core, update the packages to the latest
Red Hat packages, and get services running (iptables, dns, dhcp, ftp,
sendmail or procmail, etc...) and configured - that's the afternoon
portion of the test.

  -Bill