Greg Helledy on 13 Feb 2008 12:19:47 -0800

[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: [PLUG] The Computer Biz

"You forgot an important step. To be a reseller, and work with
TechData/Ingram/etc you need to get a sales and use tax license,
otherwise those vendors wont sell to you. In PA, you file the PA-100
Enterprise Business Form for sales and use tax. You give that license
number to TechData, and your all set. I forget if you can DBA under
your own name with PA-100, if not you file a factitious name request so
as a sole-proprietor you have a real DBA name associated with the sales
and use tax license."

If you are starting a biz from the beginning, you may wish to 
investigate starting it from Delaware, which has no sales tax.  You 
could likely sublet a single office from a company that already has a 
lease on low-end office space in northern Delaware.  This company would 
forward you any mail that arrives.  Operate your business from a cell 
phone with a 302 area code.  Be sure that you cross every t and dot 
every i for a Delaware business.


Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible
for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver
this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message
and notify GRA, Inc. ( immediately. Please advise
immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet e-mail
for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information
expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by GRA, Inc. unless
otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this

Philadelphia Linux Users Group         --
Announcements -
General Discussion  --