Michael Leone on 28 Feb 2008 19:49:42 -0800

[PLUG] [Fwd: Joining an AD domain]

I'm trying to join a Samba 3 server to a Win2003 AD domain (at home, for
educational purposes). And I keep finding documents that say things like:

>Ensure the kerberos and samba packages are installed on the linux box

and

>A familiarity with Kerberos is assumed.

Not the most comprehensive level of detail, IMO. Which Kerberos
packages? I know AD; Kerberos I don't know.

Anybody know of an HOWTO with details, preferably for a Debian server?
I've been to samba.org; I'm hoping for something a bit more meaty. For
example, they refer to a "DNS zone _kerberos._tcp.REALM.NAME " and I
don't see a zone with that name in my Win2003 DNS. I see a SRV record
that almost has the same sort of name ...

Thanks