jeff on 3 Mar 2008 15:06:49 -0800

[PLUG] Dell

last week our (commercial) Dell guy came in to introduce himself.  These
guys really impress me.  First PLUG, now work.  They seem to be trying
really hard.  They are starting to swallow companies that will be good
for their business.

There seemed to be precious little real reason for him to show up, but
it was nice to hear what they're up to.

Today I checked and the 2 desktops we order were priced out with
Freedos.  They were considerably less than the ones with a commercial OS
on them, but I haven't had a chance to check out whether there were any
hardware differences.  Should be interesting.

I figure they owe me for all the other systems I purchased and didn't
use the forced OS tax.