JP Vossen on 5 Mar 2008 13:39:21 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Perl introduction

> Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 13:49:03 -0500
> From: brent saner <brent.saner@gmail.com>
> Subject: [PLUG] Perl introduction
>
> who knows of some exceptional Perl introduction texts (yes, i have
> some O'Reillys... Learning Perl and Programming Perl)?

_Perl Best Practices_ is a *great* book.  It's not really "intro"
exactly and it has no exercises, but I found it really helpful in
clarifying some of the murk that surrounds Perl (TIMTOWTDI) and, well,
"best practices."  I highly recommend it.

I'm also a huge fan of _Perl Cookbook_ (and _Programming Perl_), but
again neither are really intro, though the cookbook has 1,000+ pages of
examples.

To really answer you actual question, and based on your posts to this
list, I'd guess that http://minimalperl.com/ might be of interest.

I'd also be interested to know why the books you mentioned don't meet
your needs.

HTH,
JP
Microsoft has single-handedly nullified Moore's Law.
Innate design flaws of Windows make a personal firewall, anti-virus
and anti-malware software mandatory. The resulting software arms race
has effectively flattened Moore's Law on hardware running Windows.