TuskenTower on 2 Apr 2008 12:01:52 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux on Iphone

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 8:37 PM, brent <brent.saner@gmail.com> wrote:
> goodness! switch to decaf.
What did saying that get you?

> it's NOT irrelevant NOR biased; it's a documented and current example
> of Mac's decreased motivation in development.
This would be why Gabe said you were looking for a straw man.  You are
pointing at a zero day exploit and saying "hey look, now you know they
suck!"

> Mac devs are getting lazy and there's no disputing that.
Don't slam a developer for a business decision.

> i think they took a great product they were offering and are starting to
> break it simply to pack more "stuff" into it without increasing the
> development resources/effort.
No argument there.  Just remember the "they" that you speak of is
Apple management.

> while not a phone, my cousin loves the Nokia N810 which runs GNU/Linux.
This is a nice alternative, but, they made some annoying trade-offs
between the N800 and N810.  The trade-offs that stop me from buying it
are the loss of full size SD cards and putting the joystick into the
slide-out keyboard tray instead of outside with the display.  Sigh,
why can't anyone make a perfect device?

Amul