TuskenTower on 3 Apr 2008 09:26:56 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: GPS Recommendation Wanted

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 9:09 PM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 17:15:36 -0400
>  > From: TuskenTower <tuskentower@gmail.com>
>  > One last word of caution.  When I bought my brand new TomTom Go 300
>   > last year, it's maps of King Of Prussia around the 202/I76/422
>   > intersection were out of date!!!  We're talking pre-construction and
>   > I had to pay to upgrade my maps.
>
>  Just to clarify, I have two Tom Tom *One* units, and the maps in them
>  were pretty good out of the box.  I haven't checked KoP/422/202
>  specifically, but I know some pretty new developments around my house
>  are in there.

I guess I should also clarify myself too. :)  This is a comment on any
GPS system.  The maps can be out of date.  On the Garmin's they say
which year, aka version, the pre-loaded maps are.  It's a real
annoyance that can decrease anyone's pleasure with the new purchase.

Amul