Art Alexion on 6 Apr 2008 14:28:45 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: GPS Recommendation Wanted

On Sunday 06 April 2008 16:21:16 schwepes@netaxs.com wrote:
> Avoid Big Brother.  Learn to read a map.

I've been avoiding this thread because I was thinking what Brian just said.
Mapping software is like news coverage; if you were there, you know they got
it wrong.

Every site I've checked has me living in my neighbor's house.  Likewise, my
workplace is shown a block away.

GPS won't tell you the lights a poorly timed on one route and good on another.
They won't tell you they've been putting new sidewalks in, and though the
road is technically open, you want to avoid it.

I may be betraying my masculinity, but I have no problem asking directions.
Human beings are usually great with telling you this useful stuff.

Sorry for the rant, but as much as I like technology, I hate solutions in
search of problems.

I'll go away now.