Eugene Smiley on 15 Apr 2008 12:35:59 -0700

[PLUG] Capture web page as image?

I'm looking for a Linux scripting solution for this without much luck. I use
Firefox and like the idea, but not the implementation, of the Speed Dial addon
(https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4810).

What I want is a Cron-able script that will take text file of URLs and create a
JPG of the site(s). I'd then crop and resize it down to 100x100 and put it into
a folder on a web server where I can have the layout and styling to my liking.

Any one know of anything?

Edit to add: The server in question has no X installed, so I think KHTML and FF
from the command line are out of the question since they're not installed.