Fred Stluka on 23 Apr 2008 08:54:48 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PC equipment disposal (OT)

Julien (and everyone),

Another good way to keep old computer equipment and anything else
out of the landfill is:
    http://freecycle.org

It is a central site used to coordinate a bunch of local groups
around the country.  Each local group has a mailing list used to
offer/request stuff.  I've given away and received lots of stuff
that would otherwise have ended up in the landfill, or had to be
disassembled and salvaged to avoid polluting the landfill.

I've done everything from computer stuff like wireless routers,
mice, keyboards, cables, firewalls, etc. to organizer drawers for
nuts and bolts, to cat scratching posts, etc.

Also, check out the Recycling row of my links page:
    http://bristle.com/~fred/#recycling
for links to permanent sites at the Lanchester landfill, Chester
County recycling locations, the PleaseTake web site, etc.

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!