Daniel W. Ottey on 25 Apr 2008 12:41:19 -0700

Re: [PLUG] logging/tailing ssh sessions

If you just want to see what the vendor is doing, he could run the command outputting with "tee" and then you could tail -f the file.

Vendor:  ssh user@host | tee /tmp/file_to_read

You:  tail -f /tmp/file_to_read

If you want to interact with the vendor, I'd recommend using a shared screen session.  One of our system administrators uses this technique to watch/help the DBAs.  Here is an article about it.

http://www.linux.com/articles/56443