Ron Kaye on 5 May 2008 09:09:51 -0700

Re: [PLUG] linux on hp- rhel and fedora

thanks
found the fc wiki
know anything about rhel on hp proliant servers?
a big prod box for hr runs an app with oracle on a proliant dl580.
it would be nice to have hp system management homepage like we have for our windows boxes

ron

Computer Sciences Corporation
Registered Office: 3170 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, Virginia 22042, USA
Registered in Nevada, USA No: C-489-59

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery.
NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Chad Waters" <chad@chadwaters.com>
Sent by: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

05/02/2008 04:27 PM
Please respond to
"Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List"        <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>

"Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
cc
Subject

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Ron Kaye  wrote:

> also i am confused with redhat- fedora parallel development.
> dont the version numbers match

No, they don't coincide. Fedora releases come out about every 6 months
(9 is due out May 13), Red Hat Enterprise releases every few years.

-Chad