Kevin Valentine on 18 May 2008 15:44:41 -0700

Re: [PLUG] how to freak out your laptop

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 6:13 AM, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:
<snip>
> The laptop did not lock up for the remainder of the evening.  I had
> stopped using VMplayer.  I suppose it could be any number of things but
> the only difference yesterday was that I was running my (radio) scanner
> and controlling it in VM via the serial port.  From what I've read, that
> shouldn't even begin to be a problem.  Anyone ever hear anything like this?
<snip>

Hi Jeff,

I've experienced similar behavior on my wife's Dell Inspiron 2600.  In
our case it was due to using suspend to RAM (S3).  Once we stopped
doing that, the problem went away.  Been meaning to look into a
solution but a frozen system is difficult to troubleshoot.

-kevin