Brian Stempin on 22 May 2008 20:11:48 -0700

Re: [PLUG] NIC bonding

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Mag Gam <magawake@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Brian.

What is NSF? Looks like I may have the same issue too. How did you resolve this? I am planning to use the L4 hash which will give me 50/50.

NSF is dyslexic for NFS.  I resolved this by writing my programs/scripts to act as if they were using several network connections instead of having them assume that there would be one high-speed connection available.  For instance, if I needed to do a large FTP transfer, and the FTP server had 4 nics, I'd use 4 different wget instances to guarantee that I was utilizing the whole trunk.