Brian Vagnoni on 25 May 2008 20:07:02 -0700

[PLUG] OT: Traveling With Your Laptop Over The Border

With the travel season here, take care when you travel with your laptop over the US border. The TSA is indiscriminately grabbing peoples laptops and if they do, you wouldn't get it back for at least 2 weeks after they do a forensic scan of all your private data. They are looking for stuff. I've talked with Infosec friends about this trying to find out what the guide lines are, and there are none.

Though I doubt they are looking for that illegal copy of Air Supply on your drive. I would hate to have to go to court over something like that.