Brian Vagnoni on 30 May 2008 04:45:10 -0700

[PLUG] More Wireless Rumbling On The Way

What do people think about the WiMAX deal with Sprint, Comcast, Time Warner, and Clearwire? Will this be another failed venture? Personally it sounds like a cluster $#%&* to me.  You will have the same issues with building penetration, as well latency which could actually be worse. Though I have played with satellite internet, and there is a slight delay loading web pages; but it' not terrible maybe 500msec. However, VOIP is another deal entirely.

If it does come with Philly now being Comcast HQ hopefully we will get to try it first.