jeff on 30 May 2008 07:24:25 -0700

[PLUG] the assistant that goes PING

So I'm at the dentist yesterday.  Very nice folks, to a one.
The tech who started `operating' on me introduced herself as Ping.

I was all set to take off on a rash of ping references but it seemed
like they would fail miserably.

In fact, one could say that there was *extremely* high latency, not to
mention more than one dropout.  Many packets lost.  Some of the packets
that weren't lost did not process correctly.  They flew over the head of
the CPU.

[I just figured this part of my visit was relevant to the topic]

ThermionicEmissions
http://www.lockergnome.com/leftystrat